Our client is a world-leading provider of market-based solutions to help their clients combine business success with positive impact on the environment. Through its offices in Europe and the US, their global team works with international B2B corporations to develop and manage portfolios of market-based instruments that reduce environmental impacts, preserve natural capital and strengthen businesses.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong business development skills and a passion for sustainability to fulfil the role of Vice President - Eastern Region in the United States.
As a key member of this growing team, you will:
- Identify and pursue opportunities across multiple market segments with companies seeking market-based environmental solutions
- Work closely with project sourcing, technical, marketing and senior management teams to develop sector specific strategies that will attract and retain clients
- Proactively develop relationships with key companies, individuals and organizations interested in integrating market-based instruments into an overall sustainability strategy
- Consult with clients and prospects to develop strategies, programs and portfolios that generate enterprise business value
- Research and return the latest trends and opportunities in environmental markets
The ideal candidate will possess strong business development skills, a deep understanding of the carbon and/or renewable energy markets, and a demonstrated understanding of the principals of sustainable development and their application to business models.
However, strong sales and sustainability professionals with exposure to the carbon marketplace are welcome to apply.
Additional Experience Sought:
- Bachelor's degree with 4-5 years of relevant professional work experience; degree in technical, business or sustainability field preferred
- Experience in translating sustainability and 'green' issues to business and industry
- Ability to respond/communicate quickly, clearly and persuasively on a variety of sustainability subjects
- Experience with developing and maintaining extensive network of relationships with decision makers in strategic business opportunities
- Strong research, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Must work from home office and be willing to travel across regional market, 20-30%, and be available to participate in trade shows and industry events
If you feel that you have the requisite skills and experience for this, please get in touch today.