Acre is proud to be partnering with the IIGCC to appoint a Corporate Governance professional to join this highly respected and collaborative organisation on a 2-year fixed term contract.
The Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) is a forum for collaboration on climate change for European investors. There are currently over 230 members, including some of the largest pension funds and asset managers across 15 countries, representing over €30 trillion in assets under management. IIGCC's mission is to mobilise capital for the low carbon transition and to ensure resilience to the impacts of a changing climate by collaborating with business, policy makers and fellow investors.
IIGCC is a co-founder of the Climate Action 100+ initiative. Climate Action 100+ is an investor initiative launched in 2017 to ensure the world's 160 largest corporate greenhouse gas emitters take necessary action on climate change. More than 450 investors with over $40 trillion in assets collectively under management are engaging companies to curb emissions, improve governance and strengthen climate- related financial disclosures. IIGCC supports investors with their corporate engagement in Europe carried out as part of Climate Action 100+.
The Corporate Governance professional will lead on the Investor workstream, of the corporate programme, to help ensure the success of Climate Action 100+ at a European and global level, plus IIGCC's wider corporate programme.
Through its corporate programme, IIGCC supports investors with engagement and assessment with companies on how they are managing climate risks and supporting the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Investor strategies and tools - supporting investors in developing and implementing best practice stewardship strategies including design of policies, use of proxy voting and shareholder resolutions.
- Supporting investor signatories to Climate Action 100+ with the company engagements they are carrying out and providing supporting analysis and updates on progress.
- Developing research papers for investors on a range of themes
- Group webinars and workshops- convening and leading the working groups and members' events
- International collaboration- contributing to the four other Climate Action 100+ partner networks in the global management of Climate Action 100+
- Working with the communications team to develop materials to promote the activities of the corporate programme and Climate Action 100+ and support uptake of the programme outputs.
- Ad hoc collaboration and contribution to other IIGCC initiatives and programmes
Skills and Experience Sought:
- Expertise or knowledge of proxy voting, stewardship, and corporate governance best practices
- Understanding of carbon footprinting, corporate climate target setting (such as Science Based Targets) and climate reporting systems (such as CDP orTCFD)
- Excellent writing and report writing skills including demonstrable experience editing and coordinating public reports
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a friendly and rapidly growing organisation that is making a significant contribution to the transition to a low carbon economy.
Please apply as soon as possible. Deadline 22nd June 2020. We can only accept applicants with the legal right to work in the UK.