Are you a sustainability professional willing to decarbonise the future of the logistics industry? Do you thrive in designing decarbonisation strategies and scouting innovative ideas on green materials? Maersk is looking for you to take on the responsibility for the carbon strategy of its global warehouse portfolio.
Working in Maersk's Decarbonisation team means you are working on something pretty exciting: shaping Maersk's journey to reduce the climate impact of its logistics facilities, driving momentum in the market and across the organisation, and pushing the boundaries by engaging with exciting innovations.
Maersk is the global leader in maritime logistics, with a fleet of over 730 vessels and over 100 thousand employees across 130 countries. Maersk is further expanding its business to inland services and intercontinental rail to become a global integrator.
Climate action is a strategic imperative for Maersk, and they are stepping up their efforts to reduce the climate impact of their logistics services. Early in 2022, Maersk announced its target to be net zero across all emission scopes in 2040.
Maersk's target is to achieve 90% green operations across its logistics facilities - focusing on energy performance and renewable energy for buildings - while also expanding its program to embodied carbon and other aspects of decarbonisation.
About the role: Decarbonisation Specialist - Logistics facilities
You can be a pivotal part of this amazing journey! Maersk is looking for a Decarbonisation Specialist for its global portfolio of more than 500 logistics facilities (warehouses, cold stores, container depots, etc.).
As a Decarbonisation Specialist for the Logistics Facilities business, you will join the Logistics and Services Decarbonisation team and work closely with Contract Logistics and Cold chain teams in Maersk's headquarters (Copenhagen, Denmark) and across the globe.
You will be responsible for providing expertise in sustainability for warehouse operations and buildings, developing and publishing new standards, providing support and consultation for local teams, and driving Maersk's innovation portfolio.
You'll be the pivotal point to assess and formalise decarbonisation levers for Maersk's logistics operations and buildings while scouting for innovation and driving pilot projects with local teams on topics such as green building materials and sustainable packaging.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Own and develop global decarbonisation guidelines, including expansion and regular updates and provide training and coaching to local teams
- Scout for innovative solutions in relevant fields such as building materials, energy efficiency and renewable energy and assess fit for our roadmap
- Establish and manage the innovation pipeline, prepare project and investment proposals with local teams and support execution
- Use your leadership skills to establish strong partnerships with start-ups, technical solutions providers, and other established industrial players
- Support assessment and prioritisation of decarbonisation levers in line with overall APMM strategy and development of regional transition roadmaps
- Prepare and present management reports and drive decision making
- Support internal communication and training
- Be a natural point of contact and sparring partner for Maersk stakeholders on the decarbonisation of logistic facilities matters
Who are you, and what do you bring?
We know skills and competencies show up in many ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to speak to us about this opportunity.
- Have a strong background in environmental engineering with a focus on sustainable buildings and/or renewable energy - a record in driving decarbonisation roadmaps or innovation is a strong plus!
- Relevant experience in warehousing, building development, or related industries
- Have collaborative leadership skills to drive results with various stakeholders at different levels
- Have project management discipline which is second to none
- Have a curious mindset and is eager to create and share knowledge
- Love a good challenge and handle ambiguity with a smile
- Are well versed in PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong written and verbal English; any other language is a plus
- Being based or willing to relocate to Copenaghen
Acre is supporting Maersk in the hiring process for this position. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please get in touch with Jacopo Cesari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only applications directly through our website/link will be considered.