|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Salary||$CAD Competitive + Benefits|
As Director, Product Sustainability you will be instrumental in catalyzing positive impact for today and the future with one of the world's best-known yoga-inspired technical apparel companies.
You will have a strong vision and execution strategy for tackling challenges relating to product and materials sustainability, with a focus on (but not limited to), GHG footprint, materials circularity, energy, and water use in the supply chain.
Reporting to the VP, Social and Sustainability, the successful candidate will engage at all levels of partner functions, including Raw Materials, Sourcing, Design, Retail, Merchandising, Whitespace, Production, and Strategy+New Ventures
- Deliver clear strategy backed by technical data and roadmaps aligned with Impact Agenda goals, including cross-functional and executive engagement.
- Drive execution, enabling the development of sustainable products from seasonal inception to final marketing and storytelling.
- Enroll at all levels of organization, influence through value driven business cases and report progress.
- Anticipate and manage core sustainability issues, partnering with topic thought leaders, strategic suppliers and at external forums.
- Thought partner to product functions, empower teams to accelerate progress against vision/targets through education, tools + systems.
- Lead environmental impact assessments and define Be Planet attributes and governance processes.
- Deliver strategic partnerships that progress toward goals, including positioning, innovation and closed loop systems across regions.
- Lead and develop team members.
- You bring experience, leadership, systems thinking and creativity to lead cross-functional partners in creating and interpreting strategy and roadmaps.
- You easily identify and prioritize opportunities and know how to translate to high-value and implementable strategies that are executed effectively.
- You will ideally have a background in textile/apparel sustainability in a matrixed brand
- Experience in product creation (PDM, GTM and related systems), sustainability (SAC, Higg); capacity for org change; viewed as expert able to leverage external partners
- Demonstrated capabilities for strategic planning, organizational change and operational execution
- Viewed as an expert with the ability to leverage external partners
- Experience with global sustainability collaborative efforts
This is a great opportunity for an established and experienced leader who is energized by a fast-moving, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment and who wants to make a real impact in an exciting and fast-growing business.