|Salary||$Competitive + Benefits|
Our client, a leading private equity platform based in the US and Europe, is on the search for a Sustainability & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Associate, a newly created position in their New York office.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of an experienced and well-established ESG team of 5 and build on the firm's commitment to being a responsible investor and owner.
The firm's business-focused ESG program, the unique structure of their private equity platform and, most importantly, their clients' commitment to ESG offers an opportunity to have a positive impact and realize concrete ESG and operational improvements across a variety of businesses and industries.
In this role, you will actively work with portfolio companies, particularly with the firm's US-based direct equity funds, to implement ESG Roadmaps reviews and improvement initiatives, advise the deal team about ESG considerations in new deals and assist with the roll-out of the the firm's Sustainable Development fund, a €50 million fund dedicated to providing capital to existing portfolio companies to implement ESG improvement and value creation projects.
Please note, this opportunity can be based remotely in the United States with frequent travel to the firm's New York office and portfolio companies. If you are applying to this role and are based in the Greater New York City Area, the expectation would be to adopt a hybrid working model, spliting time between working from home and in their offices.
* Providing both ESG and Operational advice and support to portfolio companies and due diligence coordination for all new deals
* Support the implementation of the firm's ESG approach, such as ESG reviews of existing portfolio, defining data and performance measurement
* Close engagement with deal teams and portfolio companies to identify and implement ESG-related opportunities
* Support communication and reporting to investors, regulators, and stakeholders
Whilst experience covering all of the below is not expected as a pre-requisite, demonstrable experience in any or multiple of these areas is desired.
* Experience leading or managing operational ESG projects from an internal or consulting perspective
* Exposure to sustainability or ESG through consulting or financial experience
* Understanding across different sectors and industries, particularly with an ESG lens
* Familiarity with ESG metrics and data analysis - ability to analyze financial, operational and ESG performance of companies
* Exposure to stakeholder and/or regulatory reporting - ideally with a focus on sustainability, ESG due diligence and/or developing measurement frameworks
* Exposure to carbon footprint analysis and implementing energy efficiency projects
Some skills and experience that will help you be successful in this role:
* Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starting and drive to excel
* Commercial acumen to support ESG progress and drive a sustainability agenda
* Keen interest in sustainability and ESG topics
* Strong analytical and numerical capabilities
* Confidence in engaging with portfolio company management
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
* Project management experience with the ability to multi-task
* Down to earth, team player striving for excellence
If you are excited by the opportunity to develop your sustainability and ESG career in a leading private equity firm with an ambitious and progressive ESG program that rewards entrepreneurship alongside integrity, please apply now or reach out directly to Jordan Locke at firstname.lastname@example.org.