|Salary||Six Figure Salary Commensurate with Experience & Benefits|
Bettercoal is a UK based organisation, but flexible on location within Europe.
Bettercoal is working towards a global responsible coal supply chain. They were established in 2012 by a group of major European utilities buyers to promote the innovative and meaningful improvement of sustainability performance in their coal supply chain. Bettercoal does this by assessing the performance of coal mining operations against the ten principles of the Bettercoal Code through the Supplier Assessment Process. Responsible mining is essential to the sustainable growth of our societies and coal remains, for now, an important part of the energy and manufacturing mix.
Acre is delighted to support Bettercoal in the search for a new Executive Director. The new Executive Director will have to lead the organisation into a challenging new decade. You will have the unique opportunity to further develop the organisation by implementing the Bettercoal Code 2.0, driving impact on the ground; you will implement the new multi-stakeholder Governance structure allowing Bettercoal to be a forum where buyers, producers and civil society organisations can build trust and achieve responsible sourcing and production of coal, sustainable mine closure and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
In this role you will be:
* Developing and executing Bettercoal's strategy with the support of the Board
* Growing the organisation within and outside of Europe gaining new Members in all stakeholder categories: utilities, coal producers, civil society organisations, trading etc
* Building on and developing existing and new partnerships with external stakeholders such as ISEAL, other mining standards, responsible sourcing organisations, NGOs
* Driving the Bettercoal country strategies in Colombia and Russia and develop new ones for other key countries such as Indonesia, South Africa, the US, and Australia
* Being the voice of responsible coal producing and sourcing, representing Bettercoal and its members at sustainability and industry events, publishing thought pieces etc
This is an opportunity to join a small, dynamic organisation in a complex space, driving international uptake of the standard and being the voice of responsible coal across the globe.
You will have experience including:
* Leadership skills, managing the business and people
* Strategic planning: financial management, budget management etc
* Business development: growing an organisation, gaining new members etc
* Able to balance needs of multiple stakeholders
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and confident presenting at senior levels
* A knowledge of responsible sourcing and/or sustainability landscape, policymaking, and stakeholder engagement processes and a proven ability to navigate and influence such systems
* Willing to take ownership of administrative duties such as finance, HR, payroll, etc
Bettercoal is the only organisation focused on a responsible coal supply chain, working alongside buyers of coal, coal producers, civil society, trade unions and other standards organisations. They are the only voice calling for a responsible coal supply chain ensuring that the energy transition is a just energy transition.
To learn more about the role and the organisation, please click here to read our Candidate Information Pack. If you have the experience outlined above and this sounds like your next role, please apply below.