|Salary||£Competitive + Benefits|
Acre are delighted to be partnering with UCC Europe (The Ueshima Coffee Company) to source a Group Sustainability Manager, to support the development and delivery of a Group-wide sustainability strategy.
UCC is Japan's leading coffee company with a global turnover of more than 2.5bn, operating across 20 countries with 31 manufacturing sites. UCC is the only company globally involved in all aspects of the coffee supply chain from seed to cup, including growing. In Europe, the organisation supplies most European retailers as well as providing coffee machines and related services.
Working closely with the Group Sustainability Director, you will shape support and coordinate a wide range of sustainability activities, creating shared value for people, our planet and long-term prosperity.
- Facilitating development of Group sustainability vision and strategy, coordinating delivery of focus areas
- Promoting and developing new sustainability policies and standards
- Acting as internal consultant to the business providing advice and expertise on sustainability and supporting local teams on group level initiatives
- Coordinating group wide information gathering and internal reporting, supporting communication opportunities
You will have good broad experience across corporate sustainability topics ideally working either in food manufacturing, retail, service or agricultural space.
- Some experience in developing and contributing to sustainability strategy
- Excellent oral and written communication and influencing skills both internally and externally
- Good project management skills and results driven approach
- A strong understanding of the sustainability landscape, key trends, with exposure to relevant NGOs and industry bodies
- Willingness to travel to various UK and worldwide locations
This is an exciting opportunity to have end to end value chain exposure in coffee, with a unique organisation offering potential to have tangible impacts on the business, and the societies within which they operate.