|Location||Guildford, Surrey, England, United Kingdom|
Nature Metrics - Head of Nature Based Solutions
You will join an expanding science-based, biodiversity monitoring start-up. Having just closed our Series A funding round and secured a new HQ in Guildford, the business is poised for strong growth.
NatureMetrics is a high growth medium sized company leading the revolution in molecular biodiversity monitoring, enabling environmental managers to measure and monitor biodiversity with DNA-based tools.
In the same way forensic DNA sampling is used on crime scenes, NatureMetrics offer similar technology to assess impacts on wild-life genetics in projects across various sectors. We have grown rapidly over the last five years and have exciting plans for our future global growth.
This position requires an experienced manager to deliver Naturemetrics' eDNA services to clients who offer Nature based solutions. This area of the business works in a very challenging and creative space – many nature-based solutions providers are striving for innovative solutions to manage projects sustainably and should be highly interested in working with a company who offer cutting-edge services.
- Work with the product teams to develop our product offerings for biodiversity monitoring in the Nature Based Solutions sectors including; Forest Carbon, Soil Carbon and Blue Carbon.
- Identify key clients with credibility and a desire to deliver high quality NBS and partner with them to consult on biodiversity impacts and benefits.
- Identify opportunities for working with certification bodies, standard setters etc to develop standardised metrics for biodiversity monitoring in the context of nature-based solutions.
- Build a global team who can address this sector both from UK and, as we expand, in North America, Africa, South America and SE Asia.- The role would not have direct reports to begin with but would have the potential to develop a global team in this sector.
- Work with the wider business development team and product development team to exchange knowledge and ideas and manage joint projects e.g. with our business development managers in the energy or supply chain sectors whose clients also have nature-based solutions
What you need:
- Knowledge of the Nature Based Solutions sector is essential.
- Experience consulting for companies or projects who offer nature-based solutions strongly preferred.
- Small team management experience or interest in growing a team is strongly preferred.
- Strong collaborative ability to overlap and work with other sector heads.
- Commercial experience, including in business development, sales or client engagement is desirable.
- Background in ecological science, conservation biology is a benefit but not essential.
- Strong commitment to delivering solutions which have a positive impact on nature is essential.
- The postholder is expected to work 40 hours a week Monday to Friday with core hours between 10am and 4pm.
For more information, apply or contact Jamie Ferguson via email@example.com.