|Salary||£Competitive + Excellent Benefits|
This role forms a key element of a transformation plan to achieve a sustainable step-change in the Quality Management culture, capability and performance of the business. The principal responsibility will be to collaborate with the HSQE Director to build and implement an effective Quality Management strategy which aligns with business growth plans, whilst also adhering to regulatory compliance, improving operational efficiency and performance, to achieve commercial success.
This is a highly influential and visible role, and the position will have responsibility for engaging at all levels of the organisation to promote and embed a cultural change programme envisioned by the business.
You will be responsible for coaching and developing a Quality Manager within the construction division, an Accreditation Coordinator, a Risk & Systems Manager and a team of Auditors. This position will act as an ambassador and role model for the Quality function with an engaging communication and influencing style and an appetite to drive long-term, sustainable change within the business.
* Provide high-quality, professional and proactive support to the HSQE Director and the Divisional Directors across all projects and programmes nationally.
* Ensure that the organisation operates an Integrated Management System that meets the requirements of ISO9001, ISO 14001 and ISO45001.
* Ensure that the operational business is empowered to properly implement Ground Control's growth plans and sustainable culture change by developing a sustainable Quality capability through effective succession planning
* Identify and develop the Quality Team structure, whilst maintaining the availability of adequate competent resources to deliver current and future objectives which deliver commercial success.
* Ensure the Quality Team work with other Divisional Directors and other operational staff to agree project specific quality approaches and requirements to deliver positive results.
* Promote the effective use of Quality Management and HSE Assurance tools to senior management, ensuring that performance is appropriately measured.
* Be an instrumental part of the crisis management team and supporting the HSQE Director in the continual improvement and implementation of the Business Crisis Plan.
* Ensure the development of departmental policies and procedures which in turn ensure regulatory compliance in conjunction with being "fit for purpose" operationally and commercially.
Values | Culture | Experience | Competencies | Knowledge
* Relevant technical knowledge gained through substantial and sustained Quality Management experience in the construction, rail, facilities management, property or environmental services sectors.
* Track record of success at both the strategic and operational levels within a complex business.
* Significant experience in developing and implementing new working methods, technology and initiatives that could improve Quality performance across the business.
* Excellent knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 (ISO44001 is desirable).
* Takes ownership of complex issues and tasks and empowers others to do the same.
* Collaborates effectively with team members, sharing information and best practice to successfully accomplish individual and collective goals.
* Communicates ideas with confidence; asserting own ideas and inspiring others to take action using creative and innovative approaches.
* Ambitious and results-driven with a strong desire to surpass expectations both internally and externally.
* Ability to author business policies and procedures, and to re-write a full Integrated Management System
* Highly engaging and compelling communication style with the ability to win hearts and minds at all levels in the organisation. Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to inspire varied cross-functional audiences beyond the Quality community.
* Degree in a relevant subject and membership of a professional body (CQI, IRCA etc.).
This position offers a great opportunity to take up a highly influential and visible position working with regional and functional business leaders within a reputable organisation.