Acre is delighted to be partnering with one of Africa's most highly regarded impact funds to identify an Investment Principal, who will lead their investment activity in the clean energy space across East Africa.
The Investment Principal will identify, evaluate and execute investment opportunities based on a first of-its-kind ecosystem approach, combining investments in product companies, software enablers and financing vehicles. The Fund is investing directly in scalable businesses within the clean energy space including captive power, mini grids, solar home systems and off grid value chains.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading all investment activity for the fund which has over $50m to deploy
- Working with the CEO to conceptualise and raise fund 2
- Further developing the pipeline
- Preparation of term sheets and letters of intent and leadership of transactions
- Preparation and presentation of materials for the investment committee
- Coaching and mentorship of the internal investment team as well as portfolio company management teams
- Analysis of investment opportunities including financial modelling, valuation and return
- Due diligence on companies, management, customers, competitors and industries
- Monitoring of select portfolio companies and quarterly portfolio valuation analysis including
- Board representation if appropriate
In addition, there will be scope for the Principal to take an active role in developing and implementing an innovative technical assistance facility supported by donor funds. This can include developing plans for portfolio companies and other interventions that build the regional ecosystem and leverage the funds unique position.
- Demonstrable (and verifiable) track-record of completed investments and exits in Africa preferably or emerging markets at minimum, either as lead investor or as a mid / senior member of a wider investment team
- Educated to post-graduate degree level, or equivalent by experience, within finance
- If you have an investment track-record in renewables this will be considered a positive
- Please provide a deal track-record as part of your submission, and please indicate the role and level of role that you played in each investment
- Please provide a deal track-record as part of your submission, and please indicate the role that you played in each deal as an advisor / consultant, and whether you acted for the buyer or seller
- Strong private company valuation skills and financial modelling skills
- Ability to manipulate models and build commercial and financial scenarios, in analysing investment opportunities for risks and returns, will be key
- Impeccable writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work through large amounts of information and distil key points into coherent and well written investment memos
This is a unique opportunity to join an international team and help build a world-class organisation with audacious, globally significant impact.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please get in touch today.