|Salary||Up to £88,000 + Car + Bonus|
You're working in health & safety as you want to make a difference. You have a desire to create meaningful change - but is your business supporting you to accomplish that?
This business, a FTSE 100 listed multinational extractives firm, know that their future must be a safe and sustainable one. Following a group-wide strategic review into health & safety performance, the business is intent on creating change and is looking for someone like you to be their pioneer.
Day to day, you'll be providing group support across all major projects and joint ventures, ensuring global oversight and alignment on health & safety resource. You'll work closely with the Head of Operational Safety, as well as individual and regional project leaders, to instill a people-focused and sustainable H&S culture on some of the world's largest and most exciting joint ventures and projects.
* A confident and experienced influencer - You'll be the group's global H&S lead for all joint ventures and capital growth projects, working closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure a shared, best-in-class H&S culture globally.
* Organised and happy to be hands-on with the day to day requirements of the role - You'll be spending up to 30% of your time travelling to different sites globally, supporting projects and joint ventures on the ground as well as unifying systems and processes at group level.
* A technical expert - You'll thrive on establishing leading and lagging safety performance indicators, analysing safety performance and creating performance improvement opportunities across all global projects and joint ventures. You'll also facilitate organisational learning by creating and driving cultural change processes.
In terms of experience;
* It's important that you have experience working in the extractives sector, ideally in oil & gas or minerals, and a solid understanding of process safety. An operations background would be advantageous.
* You will be fluent in English - speaking a second language such as Spanish or Portuguese will be viewed favourably.
* It's vital that you have global experience and an understanding of a variety of cultures.
* If you can demonstrate that you're able to build relationships at every level, from the "shop floor" to boardroom, that will go a long way.
* This is a remote position - you can be based in either the UK, South Africa, Chile or Australia, although you will need to travel regularly.
In return for your skills and expertise, you'll be met with a salary of up to £88,000 dependent on your experience, a car allowance worth £11,600, and a target bonus of 30%. You'll also have some peace of mind. This organisation hasn't been affected by recent events and is pushing ahead with its growth and hiring plans.
If this has piqued your interest, get in touch with Jonathan Goldsmith at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the role. Don't worry if your CV isn't ready yet - we can work out the finer details later.