|Salary||£Competitive + Benefits|
Acre is delighted to partner with Ball Beverage Packaging EMEA to identify a Public Affairs and Sustainability Manager to oversee their operations in the UK & Nordics. Part of Ball Corporation, Ball Beverage Packaging is the largest producer of beverage cans. Putting technical know-how, passion and innovation at the heart of its business, Ball's ambition is to make the can the most sustainable beverage packaging globally.
Reporting into the Head of Sustainability EMEA, this role will work closely with industry associations, NGOs, governments and other stakeholders in the UK and the Nordics. Public affairs and networking activity is an integral part of the role, in the context of sustainable packaging and the current debate around competitive packaging formats (e.g. glass and plastic bottles), marine litter and recycling targets.
- Leading on Public Affairs, developing relationships with academia, think-tanks, NGOs and other stakeholders in the packaging, recycling and aluminium sectors
- Developing relationships with internal teams, challenging current processes, provoking new thinking, while understanding their issues
- Representing Ball in the UK and Nordics with government and industry associations such as Alupro, INCPEN, Can Makers and Metal Packaging Manufacturers Association, and influencing the debate during public consultations for the implementation of new regulations
- Contributing to the wider sustainability strategy for EMEA
- Advising key global customers on a variety of sustainability topics and challenges
The successful candidate will be able to develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and have experience working within a multi-cultural and matrix-managed business.
- Demonstrable public affairs experience with proven stakeholder engagement skills at all levels, including strong communication and strategic policy analysis
- Extensive professional sustainability experience with a strong commercial understanding of recycling and waste, closed loop, and circular economy principles
- Relevant degree in public affairs, sustainability, or waste management
- Exposure to packaging, recycling or FMCG businesses, ideally with an understanding of Deposit Return Schemes and Extended Producer Responsibility
- A relationship builder; able to listen and empathise, understanding of others and supportive of risk taking
- Able to demonstrate Ball's Drive for 10 vision
This fantastic role presents an opportunity to join a company which sees sustainability as a critical factor for growth and drives genuine change in the packaging marketplace. Ball's team are passionate and knowledgeable; providing a fantastic space to learn and innovate while building a strong personal profile in the industry.
Acre and Ball Corporation are continuously working to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role, and any of our advertised vacancies. Please contact Tanith Allen if you have any accessibility requirements and we will do our best to accommodate them.