|Location||South East England, England|
|Salary||Up to £55,000 + Generous Benefits|
Acre is delighted to announce a partnership with a leading British retail group for the recruitment of a key HSE position in the South East: A Regional Health, Safety & Environment Manager.
This business, a recognised leader for social goals and community-led programmes, is changing fast. As owners of one of the UK's largest and most diverse commercial property portfolios, transforming the estate to make it fit for the future is a big and important challenge.
The organisation's Health & Safety staff work with the property team to ensure that these amazing customer and employee environments are compliant with legislative requirements and encourage a positive and collaborative culture.
That's where you come in:
This dynamic and close-knit team is growing quickly, meaning someone with your people skills and credibility is needed to take ownership of health and safety matters across the organisation's estate in London and the South-East of England. Your wealth of experience and expertise in construction safety will be invaluable for the various refit, refurbishment and new build projects you'll advise on. Ensuring compliance with regulations and legislation is crucial, but this is also an opportunity to make an impact in a business which truly does put people at the heart of its strategy.
You'll be responsible for:
* Providing expert advice and guidance for all South East-based properties, working closely with operational staff on each site and creating a culture of awareness and positive action
* Ensuring that all third parties involved in managing the estate are compliant with health and safety regulations and legislation, whether that's new build stores, facilities management, funeral homes, acquisitions or logistics
* Spending time travelling throughout the estate, carrying out on-site inspections and working with the supply chain, and occasionally touching base at the Manchester support centre
* Imparting expert advice to senior stakeholders in the business, supporting the importance of the consideration of health and safety in commercial matters
This position sits within an ambitious and highly effective team, driven by the moral imperative of keeping people safe and doing so in a way which is both inclusive and relatable. Taking a highly collaborative approach, there is plenty to challenge and intrigue you, and your prior experience will have prepared you to be adaptable, innovative and meticulous.
To succeed, you'll need:
* Recognised Level 6 Safety or Risk qualification, for example a Degree or a NEBOSH Diploma
* Experience managing Health and Safety in a similar environment with fit-outs, refurbs and CDM work streams
* Confidence to innovate and think differently, delivering solutions to a range of problems
* Excellent communication skills, the ability to engage and influence effectively at multiple levels, and a passion for coaching and developing colleagues
If you're a high performer and are excited about what you've read, don't hesitate to apply immediately. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant business which is investing in its estate and the people that help manage it. If you have what it takes to drive improvements and influence all kinds of people across different sites, you could become a part of the change that will transform the way the organisation does business.