Acre is working with a world-leading provider of energy solutions that supports key sectors such as oil & gas, petrochemical & refining, building services & construction, utilities, events, manufacturing and mining.
The organisation is increasingly seeking to provide energy solutions focused on issues surrounding the energy transition and providing the energy needed to transform the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Our client is searching for a Senior Carbon Project Developer to work with the business to develop and manage carbon offset projects as they support senior stakeholders to leverage emission reduction credits that incentivise increased adoption of its cleaner energy solutions.
In this role, you will use your expert knowledge to guide the engineering and sales teams on the technical and commercial design of projects to maximise the value of emission reduction credits generated from the business' projects in line with official carbon standards.
You will be responsible for the implementation and management of offset projects around the world which includes:
- Carrying out carbon feasibility studies.
- Identifying suitable methodologies for carbon reduction projects.
- Calculating emissions baselines and emission reductions.
- Drafting Project Design Documents (PDDs).
- Overseeing validation, monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) activities under the applicable carbon standard (e.g. Gold Standard, Verra's VCS).
- Registration of projects on the appropriate registry.
- Conducting site visits as required.
- Managing the creation, serialisation, and retirement of emission reduction credits.
- Identifying off-takers for emission reduction credits.
- Supporting with the sale or transfer of credits.
- Sourcing and contracting suitable offset projects, including researching, cross-checking qualifications under carbon standards, conducting technical assessments, emission reduction estimates, assessing project profitability/cash flow projections, conducting additionality assessments, and drafting agreements.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- Relevant work experience in carbon asset development with a proven track record in writing PDDs, including managing the full validation, monitoring, verification, and issuance of emission reduction credits.
- Excellent knowledge of international carbon standards, including VCS (Verra), Gold Standard and CDM, and the most common carbon methodologies.
- Up-to-date knowledge on developments in international carbon markets, Greenhouse Gas Protocol, corporate GHG inventory (including scope 1,2 and 3), Science Based Targets and Net Zero.
- A strong technical understanding of energy, waste and industrial sectors and applicable methodologies to these sectors.
- Excellent communication and training skills.
Please apply directly to express your interest in this role. If you have any questions about the search or this partnership, get in touch with Lewis Murray at email@example.com.