|Salary||£Competitive + Benefits|
Having been a major tea business since 1706, and now an international brand with more than 200 teas, infusions, and drinks sold in over 100 countries, Twinings and Ovaltine provide consumers with special, healthy and delicious drinks that are sourced ethically and sustainably.
Twinings Ovo has an award-winning Ethical Sourcing programme for tea and herbs - Sourced With Care - a sustainable sourcing strategy for Ovaltine raw materials, and a robust factory audit programme. The business is looking for a Social Impact Manager on a 12-month maternity cover to take over Twinings Ovo's Social Impact work within a small, international team.
Reporting to the Head of Social Impact, you will work cross functionally in food and non-food supply chains, on a variety of activities including audit review, training development, agricultural supply chain mapping, community needs assessments in key sourcing countries, and stakeholder engagement.
As a Social Impact Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of driving an industry-leading ethical sourcing programme at a prestigious brand, and in turn, have a positive impact on working conditions in supply chains globally.
- Driving and implementing the factory monitoring and improvement programme, working with suppliers and factories across the world. This includes managing auditing budgets, reviewing audits and line managing an Ethical Sourcing Executive, based in China
- Providing guidance and training within the business and for suppliers, ensuring compliance with various ethical requirements
- Implementing strategies for sustainable sourcing of prioritised raw materials, building internal understanding and collaborating with industry platforms
- Assessing conditions within raw materials supply chains internationally with a focus on herbs
- Strong prior experience in ethical sourcing, social auditing, human rights, capacity building and/or sustainable agriculture in international supply chains
- Knowledgeable about key industry trends, topics and challenges, understanding the relevant certification standards and industry bodies
- Self-starter attitude, able to work independently in a small international team
- A strong project manager, effective at shifting work priorities and timelines, with a flexible approach to working hours and location, and passion for travelling internationally
- Commercial acumen, with the ability and gravitas to lead and influence at senior levels