Eversholt Rail owns UK passenger and freight rolling stock. We have over 25 years of experience in the rail industry. We currently lease trains to 13 train operators and 3 freight operators within the UK. Moreover, we procure and finance new rolling stock and have invested more than £3 billion in new trains since privatisation.
We are also committed to maintaining the quality and reliability of our existing assets. We continuously invest in our fleets through heavy maintenance and major enhancement programmes to deliver a better passenger experience and minimise through-life costs.
Eversholt are looking for a Sustainability Manager who will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a streamlined ESG agenda, and sustainability strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Embedding Eversholt's purpose-driven strategy across the business and establishing a governance process to ensure the strategy is implemented in a consistent way.
- Leading engagement activity, communication and training as required to ensure Eversholt staff, and suppliers understand, take responsibility, and deliver the relevant requirements of the sustainability strategy.
- Being the subject matter expert and continuously monitoring best practice and trends in ESG / sustainability / integrated reporting and ensure Eversholt remains a leader in the field.
- Establishing reporting processes for mandatory non-financial reporting and identifying key CR&S indices to participate in.
- Facilitation of solicited ESG ratings/ certification from accredited bodies.
You will use your excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with department heads, publish reports and identify the requirements of external stakeholders to unify the ESG culture within the Business.
You will also have:
- Experience developing ESG strategy delivered at a Senior level.
- Deep and holistic knowledge of sustainability and corporate responsibility paired with experience of working within the infrastructure investment or finance industries.
- The ability to consult with the wider business on new policy and legislation which will influence future sustainability and CR initiatives.
- Relevant technical and education qualifications, including a degree or advanced degree in sustainability, business management and sustainability, finance or economics.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Eversholt at a turning point within their ESG and Sustainability journey, a key element of their drive forward includes inclusivity as well as other social agendas. If you're interested in being a key developer to Eversholt's agenda, then apply below or send your CV
We can only accept applications from candidates with the right to work in the UK.