Up to £55,000 + Car
HounslowPosted 3 weeks ago
Acre is excited to be working with one of the UK's leading principal contractors to identify an Environment & Sustainability Lead to be based at Heathrow. The successful candidate will act as the strategic lead on all environmental and sustainability requirements at Heathrow Airport in line with existing and expansion construction projects.
You will also take responsibility for managing a growing team of Environment & Sustainability specialists, as well as leading on client and supply chain interaction.
Key responsibilities include:
* Providing ongoing expertise, support and coaching to project directors and the senior management team
* Driving continual improvements through supply chain engagement, energy audits and sustainability trials
* Developing an annual sustainability implementation plan
* Being the functional lead for sustainability initiatives and presenting these to Heathrow Airport
* Taking overall responsibility for whole life carbon reduction, waste reduction and improvements to air quality
* Ensuring overall environmental compliance in line with Heathrow 2.0
* Developing a climate change adaptation and emissions plan
This person must be an experienced environment and sustainability professional with a background in the construction, civils or infrastructure sectors. Previous experience of working at Heathrow or in the aviation services sector will be viewed favourably.
They will also have:
* An environmental or construction-related degree
* Excellent communication and engagement skills
* A proven ability to influence upwards in order to drive environmental change
* Experience in identifying innovation and developing case studies to promote project successes
* Experience in waste and energy management
* A strong understanding and practical experience of project environmental, sustainability and social value risks and how they impact on the built environment
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to grow and develop whilst working on one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK. If you feel you have the necessary experience, then please don't hesitate to apply.
Job Ref. BBBH8863