Up to £50,000 + Benefits
LondonPosted 1 week ago
Acre is exclusively partnered with a prominent London-based property developer to identify an outstanding Environmental Manager. This newly-created position is a direct result of business growth and a firm commitment to reducing environmental impacts throughout the organisation and across their supply chain.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for owning the environmental and sustainability agenda, developing a cutting-edge environmental strategy and ensuring successful delivery of a number of high-profile developments in London.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Taking full responsibility for the design, development and implementation of the organisation's environmental strategy
* Taking ownership of and leading the business environmental policy and environmental management system, as well as monitoring and reporting on carbon footprint performance
* Driving sustainability improvements to meet ambitious targets, working closely with all departments to help reduce the organisation's environmental impact
* Engaging with key internal stakeholders to improve their understanding and buy-in around sustainability, and their relevance to sustainability to their purpose and vision
* Managing all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, sustainable procurement, environmental health, conservation & renewable energy
* Managing the budget assigned for the delivery of objectives
* Establishing relationships with external organisations that can support the development and implementation of the environmental strategy - these can include specialist consultancies, community organisations and public bodies
To succeed, you'll need:
* Strong knowledge of environmental management
* Previous experience in construction, fit-out or hard services
* Environmental degree or equivalent qualification
* Strategic planning and leadership skills
* Practical knowledge of ISO 14001 implementation
* Excellent communication and engagement skills
* A demonstrable track record of establishing influential relationships
This exciting, newly-created opportunity will give an individual the chance to take the strategic lead on all environmental processes for one of London's most respected developers. If you feel you have the necessary experience, then please don't hesitate to apply.
Job Ref. BBBH8068