Up to £75,000 + Excellent Benefits
NorthamptonPosted 3 months ago
Acre is excited to be working alongside a leading FTSE250 construction and civil engineering business to identify a Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Lead for the South and Midlands region. This organisation is extremely well recognised within the industry with over 4000 employees spread nationwide.
Reporting directly into the Director of HSE, this person will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the regional business units and leading an experienced team of 12 HSE professionals.
* To manage, lead and champion Health, Safety & Environment delivery across all Midlands and South construction projects and developments
* Design, develop and communicate strategic objectives, and measure HSE performance against strategic deliverables
* Provide the advice and support necessary to assist directors, managers and staff to fulfil their HSE responsibilities to the high standards demanded by the business
* To facilitate and coach operational teams on cutting edge HSE principles and tools to allow the team to engage effectively with the workforce
* To lead any HSE assurance activities, providing confidence to the business that operational effectiveness of all relevant HSE processes is maintained
This person will be:
* An experienced SHEQ professional with a successful track record at the strategic level
* An excellent man-manager and accomplished at building and developing high performance teams
* Able to communicate successfully with people at all levels and to influence various stakeholders at all levels
* A professional who embraces change and sees new ways of working as an opportunity to improve, who is creative and innovative, and who seeks new opportunities and ideas
* Experience in the construction industry is desirable but not essential
This opportunity is an exceptional chance to take up a leadership position for one of the UK's best-recognised construction firms. If you feel you have the correct skill set, then please don't hesitate to apply.
Job Ref. BBBH8730