Up to £70,000 + Bonus + Car
HounslowPosted 3 months ago
Acre is excited to be working with one of the UK's leading principal contractors to identify a Health, Safety & Environment Manager to be based at Heathrow. The successful candidate will have proven experience on large-scale construction and civil engineering projects, as well as an engaging approach to HS&E.
Reporting into the Head of HSE, the Manager will join a high-performing team in helping to drive forward effective health, safety & environmental processes and systems on an important project.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensuring that HSE objectives are fully embedded into the project
* Supporting the delivery of the Behavioural Safety Programme, whilst maintaining a culture of openness and transparency to improve HSE performance
* Developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Undertaking regular performance reviews of all personnel and contractors through the use of site visits, inspections and audits
* Driving HSE compliance and providing high quality specialist support and advice on HSE risks
* Keeping up to date with and implementing changes according to UK HSE standards and legislation
This person must be an experienced health and safety professional with a background in the construction, civils or infrastructure sectors. Previous experience of working at Heathrow will be viewed favourably. The successful candidate will also be driven, with a passion for HSE matters and an eagerness to learn and develop.
They will also have:
* GradIOSH status as a minimum, ideally Chartered status
* A NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma
* Excellent communication and engagement skills
* A proven ability to influence upwards in order to promote a positive safety culture
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to grow and develop whilst working on one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK. If you feel you have the necessary experience, then please don't hesitate to apply.
Job Ref. BBBH8238