£50,000 - £60,000 + Car
BirminghamPosted 7 months ago
Acre is excited to be partnered with one of the UK's most prestigious principal contractors to identify a Project Health, Safety & Environment Manager to be based on a flagship construction project in Birmingham. The successful candidate will have proven experience on large-scale construction and civil engineering projects, as well as an engaging approach to HS&E.
Reporting into the Head of HSE, the Manager will join a high-performing team in helping to drive forward effective health, safety & environmental processes and systems on an important project.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ensuring that HSE objectives are fully embedded into the project
* Supporting the delivery of the Behavioural Safety Programme, whilst maintaining a culture of openness and transparency to improve HSE performance
* Developing and maintaining good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
* Undertaking regular performance reviews of all personnel and contractors through the use of site visits, inspections and audits
* Driving HSE compliance and providing high quality specialist support and advice on HSE risks
* Keeping up to date with and implementing changes according to UK HSE standards and legislation
This person must be an experienced health and safety professional with a background in the construction sector. Previous experience of working on a major new-build development will be viewed favourably. The successful candidate will also be driven, with a passion for HSE matters and an eagerness to learn and develop.
They will also have:
* Excellent communication and engagement skills
* A proven ability to influence upwards in order to promote a positive safety culture
* A proven ability to influence and manage sub-contractors in order to drive positive change
* Strong knowledge of cranes, lifting and either M&E or fit-out
This exciting opportunity will give an individual the chance to grow and develop whilst working on one of the largest developments in the West Midlands. If you feel you have the necessary experience, then please don't hesitate to apply.
Job Ref. BBBH8295