Up to £60,000 + Generous Benefits
LondonPosted 3 months ago
Acre has been engaged by one of the most high-profile integrated property development, investment and management companies in the UK. We have been tasked with identifying a highly motivated and enthusiastic sustainability professional to join the team in a strategic capacity.
You'll manage a dynamic team of sustainability managers and advisors, and oversee project delivery of a number of high-profile sites across the estates portfolio, all of which are at different stages of planning and construction.
Key areas of responsibility
* Contribute to the overall development and maintenance of the company's Environmental Management System
* Line manage a specialist team and guide their development
* Manage and monitor Project Sustainability Performance with a particular focus on: - BREEAM / General Environmental Protection and Good Practice / Sustainable Procurement / Waste Elimination / Environmental KPIs and Reporting
* Ensure that Trade Contractors' Environmental Plans, and Site Waste Management Plans meet company requirements and relevant environmental legislation
* Carry out review and comment on Consultants and Trade Contractors Pre-Qualification, Tender and Environmental Plan submissions, making recommendations where required
The ideal candidate will have a professional, pro-active approach, be an effective communicator, and have experience working effectively with project teams, contactors and the supply chain.
The successful individual will also have:
* Good knowledge of sustainability issues within the construction/house building industry or with relevant consultancy experience
* Knowledge of concrete framed construction and complex city-centre schemes would be of particular interest
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Confidence in working with people at all levels of an organisation
* The ability to motivate people to change their behaviour
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading property developers in strategic position, with the strong prospect of developing your career and skill set.
Job Ref. BBBH8299