Up to £45,000 + Car
BerkshirePosted 3 months ago
A leading British developer has engaged Acre to find a new Sustainability Manager. We have been tasked with identifying a highly motivated and enthusiastic sustainability professional to lead a small but dynamic sustainability team across the Berkshire region.
You'll work closely with the Managing Director of the business to set the environmental and social strategy across their large residential portfolio of projects, all of which are at different stages of planning and construction.
Key areas of responsibility
* Raising awareness of sustainability strategy and initiatives via both formal and informal training of staff
* Working with the project teams throughout the whole development process from land buying, design, purchasing of goods and services, building and sales and customer service
* Developing new ways of driving sustainability performance and leading on initiatives within projects
* Managing and developing a small but experienced sustainability team
* Assisting with coordinating documentation to support the publication of the company's annual sustainability report
* Leading on the collation, analysis and reporting of data to enable the assessment of performance of sustainability targets
* Keeping up to date with the sustainability agenda, new legislation and best practice guidelines
* Adopting a proactive approach to improving performance and promoting sustainability to both internal and external stakeholders
The successful individual will also have:
* A degree in an environmental/sustainability or construction related discipline
* Previous experience within the construction or residential development sectors
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Confidence in working with people at all levels of an organisation
* The ability to motivate people to change their behaviour
* A broad view of sustainability, focusing on both environmental and socio-economic issues
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading property developers in a position of real influence and leadership. If you feel you have the correct skillset then please don't hesitate to apply.
Job Ref. BBBH8854