Acre is currently working with a global operating private investment firm with an exceptional and progressive ESG & Sustainability agenda in place since 2008.
Committed to the Science Based Target Initiative for over two years, and with over 80% of its products classified as article 8 or 9 as per European regulation, the firm is currently looking to appoint a Climate & Biodiversity Specialist to contribute to collaborating in the group's actions in favour of investments that generate benefits for biodiversity.
Based in Paris and working alongside a team made of six ESG & sustainability specialists, you will report to the Head of ESG and be responsible for:
- Further developing and implementing the group's decarbonisation plan in accordance with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) at a fund and portfolio company level
- Contributing to the improvement and development of methods and tools for the effective integration of carbon and biodiversity impact analysis into the portfolio selection and valuation process
- Reviewing and adapting the exclusion policy to preclude investments in carbon-intensive sectors
- Using knowledge of trends and developments to support the investment in solutions to reduce carbon emissions and biodiversity impact
- Developing action plans relating to biodiversity and water management
- Bringing technical expertise and innovative solutions for the implementation of measures to decrease their environmental impact, incl. target setting, identification and assessment of measures, emissions forecasting, and scenario modelling
- Following and supporting ESG activities of portfolio companies and taking part in the ESG due diligence activities
- Representing the company at events and conferences
The firm is expanding quickly and has strong ESG & Sustainability ambitions. There is scope for your role and responsibilities to evolve alongside the growth of the business.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in environmental consulting, with a specialisation in biodiversity, carbon, and water assessment and management
- Academic background in environmental sciences and/or sustainable development
- Extensive experience in working with senior management teams, advising on core elements of a business' sustainability strategy and performance
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Prior experience in working with investment, private equity, or financial services environments, with knowledge of the macro trends and drivers of sustainability within private equity
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering ESG impact or due diligence assessments would be beneficial, although not essential
- Fluent proficiency in English, with French being advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a recognised, leading investment group with sustainable development embedded into the heart of its business. You will have great development opportunities and a great chance to contribute to the creation of climate transition and adaptation solutions.
Click apply now or contact Declan Murphy directly via email if you have any questions at: email@example.com.