Forum for The Future - Digital Manager
Do you want to make a major contribution to creating a more sustainable future?
Forum for the Future is a leading global sustainability non-profit. For over 20 years they have been working in partnership with business, governments and civil society to accelerate the shift toward a sustainable future. They specialize in addressing critical global challenges by catalyzing change in key systems.
Forum For the Future is in an exciting growth phase with expansion in new markets in Asia and the United States. With offices in London, New York, Singapore and Mumbai, they're working at the cutting edge of the latest sustainability thinking, applying systems approaches to address global sustainability issues - from keeping global warming within 1.5 degrees to ensuring more sustainable food systems and livelihoods.
Acre are delighted to be supporting Forum in their search for a talented Digital Manager to play a leading role across their digital communications platforms promoting their urgent work across multiple markets to drive systems change for sustainability. With an appreciation of the challenges and opportunities that come with international communications - as well as familiarity with the breadth of issues that Forum is working on - you'll work closely with colleagues across their UK, India, Singapore and US offices to drive targeted reach and engagement.
You don't have to have had a global role, but your experience of working in an international organisation will be a clear advantage. We are looking for someone to be able to demonstrate a passion for - if not a familiarity with - sustainability issues, such as climate change, nutrition, mobility.
About the team
This role sits within Forum's small and dynamic communications and development team. Combining expertise in community engagement, public relations, digital, fundraising, communications and marketing, the team's aim is to raise awareness and understanding among key target audiences of global challenges and systems change for sustainability. We're here to promote Forum's unique expertise in systems change and futures practice, demonstrating our thought leadership to build credibility, and ultimately increasing our brand profile in ways that support business development and fundraising.
About the role
Working collaboratively with the Head of Communications and Marketing and other colleagues, you will:
- Help develop and implement Forum's digital communications and engagement strategy across our core work, as well as for the innovative Futures Centre and the School of System Change
- Be responsible for producing high-quality, audience-led digital content, managing day-to-day content flows on our social media channels and suite of websites and leveraging digital marketing to drive audience engagement
- Use your understanding of international communications to demonstrate how to strike the right balance between global consistency and local relevance.
Beyond the day-to-day, and working as part of an integrated communications team, you will:
- Lead on bespoke digital communications campaign development and delivery around key projects, events and initiatives
- Lead on digital innovation, staying on top of a constantly evolving digital landscape and new technologies to trial new approaches, secure new digital media partnerships and engage key online influencers in our work
- Keep the basics running smoothly as well as making continuous improvements to our channels to ensure they are delivering the maximum ROI for Forum and evolving based on business and audience needs
- Train new and existing staff to become better digital content creators and social media users, and report back on performance against key digital metrics to senior stakeholders.
You have extensive experience working in a digital role managing websites and executing digital communications campaigns across wide-ranging social media channels, including YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and blog platforms. You are comfortable in leading from brief interrogation and media planning through to delivery and evaluation of impact. You bring a keen eye for storytelling, working with a variety of stakeholders to design, develop and produce digital content.
You strive to continuously improve our online platforms, coupling your experience in innovation/bringing new opportunities to an organization with a willingness and enthusiasm to trial and learn. Alongside this, you are experienced in digital analytics tools to help demonstrate impact.
You are an excellent communicator with impressive editorial skills and a strong understanding of how to tailor content for online audiences. You are willing to learn on the job and have a good grasp of the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as a proven track record in managing agencies and freelancers. A collaborative, independent and flexible approach to work is also vital.
You will have a distinctive advantage if:
- You have experience working in a global communications role and so bring with you an understanding of the challenges and opportunities that come with international communications.
- You have an awareness of the global challenges Forum is working on (climate, energy, food and value chains) as well as familiarity with the wider environmental sector issues prevalent in the media.