For 17 years, Sedex has led the way in helping businesses operate responsibly and sustainably, improving conditions for workers in the supply chains of their 60,000 members, across 180 countries. A renewed Senior Leadership Team is 18 months into delivering a new 5-year strategy that will see Sedex go from influencing 33 million people, to 150 million by 2025.
Earlier this year, as part of the organisation's long term growth plans, Sedex launched a new consulting department, supporting both members and non-members on an international basis. The new team will focus on supporting clients of all sizes and maturities in all manner of responsible sourcing topics, from developing policies to building brand-new, industry leading programmes.
- Support the design and implementation of responsible sourcing programs, processes, and projects
- Partner with clients and organisations to tackle modern slavery topics
- Deliver personal and bespoke topic projects, using your experience and initiative to best support clients
- Engage with and manage stakeholders across a spectrum of sectors including food and drink, apparel, retail, finance, construction and technology
- Work confidently in collaboration with both the client and the Sedex team
You will have :
- c.2-4 years' experience related to human rights, ethical trade or responsible sourcing
- Some prior experience in consulting, or experience of working across a number of different companies
- A real passion and drive towards the social and human rights sides of sustainability
- A thorough grasp of some issues that likely arise in supply chain, ethical trading and the ability to transfer that understanding to benefit the client
- Positive and adaptable personal qualities with a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
This is a newly created opportunity in an organisation that remains at the cutting edge of sustainability. With Sedex's existing global network, and an excellent footprint in sustainability, the opportunities for growth are unrivalled. If you're reading this and keen to discover more, please contact Ruth Smith via email@example.com.