|Salary||£Competitive + 40% Bonus + Benefits|
Acre are proud to be working in exclusive partnership with Royal London to hire a Climate Change Lead to operate at group level. This newly created role will develop and lead the climate change strategy across the group, engaging with the board, executive committee and C-Suite.
This is a transformational role, driving response, alignment and adjustment to the crucial implication of climate change and how they impact the operating model and propositions. The right individual will be extremely knowledgeable about climate change, and will embrace the visionary task with passion, energy, and intellectual rigor.
The successful candidate will be well versed in strategic thinking and thought leadership as well as operational processes and they will deliver by using influence, weight of intellectual proposition and the ability to create messages which resonate across the whole spectrum of the organisation for all matters relating to climate change.
- Developing and delivering Royal London's climate strategy to provide ongoing Target Operating Model
- Being recognised as the climate change Subject Matter Expert (SME) which can be applied to identify, assess, monitor and integrate across Royal London's operations, climate modelling, TCFD and other external reporting requirements
- Reviewing and integrating of climate change risks and controls across all risk categories of Royal London's (life insurance) business
- Developing and maintaining the strategy and framework for Royal London related to climate change, including operational activities, risk management and reporting.
- Leading the assessment, review and integration of climate change risks and controls across all risk categories
- Ensuring regular reporting and papers are produced for board and executive committees
The successful individual will lead the development of the strategy related to climate change, including monitoring of relevant regulatory, competitor and other significant market activities, and provides asset owner specialist expertise on climate change matters. The role holder will also lead the delivery of the assessment, reporting, oversight and integration of all climate change activities into the Risk Management System and investment related activities.
- A subject matter specialist, with strong technical knowledge of Climate Change
- Experience at a strategic level of climate modelling, carbon reporting and different frameworks, such as the TCFD's combined with an understanding of operational energy management
- Strong stakeholder holder engagement, influencing & gravitas for C-suit, board and executive committees
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to tap into Royal London's wider resources & tools, to identifying best solution to ensure execution on time and to budget
- A good understanding of insurance and/or financial services
This is an absolutely unique and fantastic opportunity to operate at the strategic core of the organisation, working with senior stakeholders across Royal London, and shape the organisational response to the climate change challenge on behalf of their customers. For more information please click the link to apply.