|Salary||£Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits|
This role forms a key element of a transformation plan to achieve a sustainable step-change in the Health, Safety & Wellbeing culture, capability and performance of the business. The principal responsibility will be to collaborate with the HSQE Director to help ensure a collective vision that extends beyond systems and compliance and which focuses on people and behaviour to help create a positively reinforced learning culture.
This is a highly influential and visible role, and the position will have responsibility for engaging at all levels of the organisation to promote and embed a cultural change programme envisioned by the business.
You will be responsible for coaching and developing a team of Regional Health, Safety & Wellbeing Business Partners, helping to ensure the team drives and embeds first-class health, safety & wellbeing performance. This position will act as an ambassador and role model for the HS&W function with an engaging communication and influencing style and an appetite to drive long-term, sustainable change within the business.
* Provide high-quality, professional and proactive support to the HSQE Director and the Divisional Directors across all projects and programmes nationally.
* Influence and empower Directors and HS&W Business Partners to shape and implement robust plans that drive performance improvements and to create a "Safety First" culture within the business.
* Ensure that the operational business is empowered to properly implement Ground Control's growth plans and sustainable culture change.
* Act as a lead in relation to a focus subject area of specialism related to divisional critical risks, such as Working at Height, High Voltage, Rail or CDM.
* Coach and develop the HS&W Business Partner team, whilst maintaining the availability of adequate competent resources to deliver current and future objectives which deliver commercial success.
* Stay abreast of developments in Health, Safety & Wellbeing legislation and industry best practice through an ongoing process of formal continuing professional development.
* Be an instrumental part of the crisis management team and supporting the HSQE Director in the continual improvement and implementation of the Business Crisis Plan.
* Lead on all major incident and accident investigation and ensure that effective preventive actions are implemented through a process of root cause analysis.
Values | Culture | Experience | Competencies | Knowledge
* Relevant technical knowledge gained through substantial and sustained HS&W experience in the construction, rail, facilities management, property or environmental services sector.
* Track record of success gained when supporting operational leads to implement cultural and behavioural change programmes.
* Significant experience in developing and implementing new working methods, technology and initiatives that could improve HS&W performance across the business.
* Takes ownership of complex issues and tasks and empowers others to do the same.
* Collaborates effectively with team members, sharing information and best practice to successfully accomplish individual and collective goals.
* Communicates ideas with confidence; asserting own ideas and inspiring others to take action using creative and innovative approaches.
* Ambitious and results-driven with a strong desire to surpass expectations both internally and externally.
* The qualities of persistence, tenacity, and diplomacy to sell the benefits and overcome obstacles and resistance to change.
* Highly engaging and compelling communication style with the ability to win hearts and minds at all levels in the organisation. Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to inspire varied cross-functional audiences beyond the HS&W community.
* Degree in a Health & Safety related discipline or NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma.
This position offers a great opportunity to take up a highly influential and visible position working with regional and functional business leaders within a reputable organisation.