|Salary||Up to £50,000 + Car + Bonus|
You're working in health & safety as you want to make a difference. You have a desire to create meaningful change - but is your business supporting you to accomplish that?
This business, a British construction group, know that their future must be a safe and sustainable one. The leadership team is ready for innovation to take place and is looking for someone like you to be their pioneer.
Day to day, you'll be putting your experience and expertise setting realistic and meaningful health, safety & environmental objectives into practice. You'll work closely with divisional leadership teams to ensure a collective vision that extends beyond systems and compliance to focus on people and behaviour, helping to create a positively reinforced learning culture.
* A confident and experienced influencer - You'll be the functional HSE lead on all developments in your region, responsible for embedding continuous improvement into the company strategy and engaging with the board.
* Organised and happy to be hands-on with the day to day requirements of the role - You'll be working closely with the regional leadership teams to ensure HSE is a key factor in the lifecycle of a development, from design through to completion.
* Commercially aware - You will be supporting the production of bids for new projects, making sure that you're positioning the business in line with local partners and their HSE objectives.
* An innovator - You'll thrive on new ideas and challenging traditional methods of working. You'll win the hearts and minds of a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure operational teams take accountability and ownership of HSE performance.
In terms of experience;
* It's important that you have experience working in the construction sector, either in building or civil engineering.
* If you can demonstrate that you're able to build relationships at every level, from the building site to the boardroom, that will go a long way.
* Some creativity and evidence of collaboratively solving problems in your current health & safety role are welcome.
You will be based in the northwest of England, ideally near to Greater Manchester, and there will be as many as 10 major projects in your region. That will mean some driving, so a license is essential!
In return for your skills and expertise, you'll be met with a salary of up to £50,000 dependent on your experience, a car allowance or company car, and a discretionary bonus. You'll also have some peace of mind. This organisation hasn't been affected by recent events and is pushing ahead with its growth and hiring plans.
If this has piqued your interest, get in touch with Jonathan Goldsmith via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the role. Don't worry if your CV isn't ready yet - we can work out the finer details later.