Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL), the third largest listed holding company in Europe, is looking to appoint a Head of Environment, Social and Governance (ESG). This is a newly created role, focused on long-term value creation for an asset portfolio of valued at over €20 billion and a market capitalisation of over €15 billion. As a holding company, GBL relies on a stable, family shareholder base. Its portfolio is composed of global industrial, consumer and services companies, leaders in their market and in which GBL plays its role of an engaged professional shareholder. Their investments include high profile organisations such as Adidas, Pernod Ricard, Lafarge Holcim, Upfield and SGS.
- Reviewing and enhancing the existing ESG strategy, policies, data collection, reporting, processes and frameworks
- Managing and overseeing ESG monitoring and engagement with existing investments
- Assessing and managing ESG risks and opportunities across the investment process lifecycle; from pre-investment due diligence through to ownership and exit of portfolio companies
- Identifying new opportunities and initiatives for managing emerging risks, to aid the management and create further value at fund and company level
- Supporting portfolio companies to advance their sustainability strategies, through coaching and sharing of best practice
- Providing ESG performance insights to investor relations colleagues and responsibility for sustainability reporting
This role will work closely with the investment team and portfolio companies to affect change and influence a growing integrated approach to sustainability.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of ESG strategy development and implementation, with experience gained in either the ESG/sustainability consulting sector, or at a corporate, operating in a range of industry sectors
- Strong knowledge of the various international reporting standards (UNGC / SDG, GRI,SASB / TCFD, CDP, UNPRI…) and of the tier 1 ESG rating methodologies (MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS ESG, RobecoSAM, Vigeo)
- Motivation to work collaboratively in a small team of specialised professionals
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to use data to highlight trends and communicate important messages in an engaging manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, good knowledge of French
This is an outstanding opportunity for a sustainability professional to realise their ambition and leadership skills within the private equity sector, and within a firm and that is excited about this new appointment and the positive contribution this new hire will make to enhancing its' competitive edge. Our client offers a collegiate working culture combined with one that prides itself with innovation. If you have the above skill set and are ready for your next challenge, then please apply using the link below.
Harco J. Leertouwer, Managing Director Benelux, is leading the search.
Caitlin Murrell, Senior Research Consultant Benelux, is leading on the initial stages of candidate identification, interviewing and shortlisting.