Acre is excited to be partnered with fresh on their search for a Vice President of Sustainability. A global company headquartered in New York, fresh offers a full lifestyle line spanning skincare, lip care, body care, and fragrance in over a dozen countries.
Sustainability is a key pillar of the fresh brand, a long-term commitment (forever fresh), where beauty surrounds us in nature, culture and human connection as they create safe, effective and sensorial products. The Vice President of Sustainability will lead all the aspects of this commitment, proactively adapt the defined roadmap, propose new initiatives, and ensure that milestones are achieved in order to ensure that fresh is recognized as a leader in this domain.
With the mission to build responsible communities through programs that show impact to the people, planet, and product, their commitment is focused in improving biodiversity and sustainable sourcing of ingredients, leading traceability efforts, refining formulations, and creating innovative, eco-friendly packaging, all in support of impacting climate action for future generations.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer with a dotted line to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Sustainability will be the subject matter expert within the organization with a conviction and passion for environmental and social aspects of Sustainability. A solutions and business minded leader, the Vice President, Sustainability will lead cross functional teams and partner with the Global Communications, Product Development, Global Marketing, Global Operations, Visual Merchandising & Store Design and Packaging and Design Teams, Corporate Social Responsibility as well as leaders within local markets in North America, Asia and Europe.
The Vice President will continue to build and evolve the Sustainability Organization within fresh, and as a member of the Operational Forum, the Vice President will advise and make recommendations to the Global Executive Team and LVMH Sustainability stakeholders and represent fresh to external stakeholders (NGOs) and partners (UEBT, EcoAct).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Subject Matter Expertise in Sustainability
- Lead Sustainability programs by collaborating with cross-functional teams to meet company goals by deploying action plans, measure our performance and deliver strategic results
- Propose and follow-up the implementation of sustainability initiatives in packaging, formula, ingredient, responsible sourcing, manufacturing, transport, stores, offices and etc, inspire and influence business partners
- Create relationships and maintain ongoing connections with both internal and external partners and LVMH counterparts
- Develop and manage metrics/KPIs, track, compile, analyze, and report sustainability data in accordance with the Corporate reporting structure
- Monitor and report on progress towards targets
- Work with stakeholders to set up and monitor the policy/procedure for ingredient responsible sourcing program
- Review onsite assessment reports, propose actions plans and follow up
- Perform greenhouse gas assessment, work with Departments to set objectives and track action plans
- Benchmark, synthesize, and internally communicate trends and insights from external sources
- Validate sustainability claims in collaboration with Marketing and Regulatory team
Communications and Brand Ambassador
- Amplify the brand's positioning and commitment to sustainability as a core pillar of fresh
- Partner with Communications for the content of internal/external communications
- Coordinate with Departments to answer retailers' data requirements
- Lead the employee based internal Sustainability Committee
The Ideal Candidate will have/be
- Deep knowledge of Sustainability content including - but not limited to: climate risk and greenhouse gas emissions, biodiversity, ecodesign, waste, recycling and circularity, responsible sourcing, sustainable materials, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, reporting, transparency on sustainability claims,
- A strategic thinker - with a strong track record in developing innovative strategies; while taking a hands-on approach to ensure execution and continued adoption through cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience working in the sustainability field with a deep understanding of key Sustainability issues and Sustainable Development ecosystems
- Knowledge of environmental and social sustainability practices in a business environment
- Experience in project management in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills with the strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in leading and influencing internal and external decision holding stakeholders. Strong thought leadership and a collaborative approach
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - a pragmatic approach with the ability to identify smart solutions and confidence in demonstrating the ROI of sustainability initiatives
- Degree in a related discipline preferred
Fresh have created a warm, inspiring environment with world-class benefits that encourages their teams to dream big, because that's how they got here. Whether developing a breakthrough formula, designing a marketing campaign, or welcoming guests in their shops, you are invited to join them on their journey to make the world more beautiful one heartfelt experience at a time.
If you are interested to learn more, you can apply here or email Catherine Harris (email@example.com) or Richard Kent (firstname.lastname@example.org).